Saturday, May 7, 2011

KROTOA


Evs (Krotoa)

Krotoa, Krotoa I long to hear
Conforming to that, which is strange and different.
Bound by boundaries rooted deeper than time.
She looks and feels and says difference.
Krotoa, Krotoa I long to hear
Offering that difference to the unknown

Appealing to the humanity of man
I seek no comfort but find solace in change
and springs beyond that which is offered to her
Adopting the name awarded to me,
Regarded as a privilege to say the least.
Failing to flaunt my features I am noticed.
Changing her identity with material value.
Adding transgression, using communication,
feeding evolution.
A vehicle of trade is what i am known for
Krotoa, Krotoa, I long to hear

Two worlds capture the essence of my being
Krotoa, Krotoa, I no longer hear
I now choose the road less travelled by one paved by the other and locate divinity
I conform to that of Eva Van Riebeeck to Eva Van Meerhoff
I long no more to hear
Krotoa, Krotoa

Hearing, meditation
I remain the vehicle o trade and conversation
A revelation indeed
Trying to grasp history by time gone by, sketching an image of immortality.
Deeming the regurgitated facts as a portrayal of ideologies held and lives lived.
Describing the feeless faults, guided by the pen
and the heroic existence absorbed by many.

No comments:

Post a Comment